Last Modified: April 4th, 2016
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website, including through your use of the Services.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Company or the Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you may download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOUR CHOICE IS NOT TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THIS POLICY.
This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Website or the Services after we make changes to this Policy is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy regularly for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website and the Services, including information:
- By which you and your company may be personally identified, such as your name, your company's name, address, e-mail address, telephone number any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13 years old, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website or Services may include:
- Information directly provided by you when you fill out forms on the Website or when you use the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website and the Services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and our provision of the Services to you.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website and the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect Personal Information using the automatic data collection methods listed above, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us. This helps us to improve the Website and the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the Website and provide the Services to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or the Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website or of the Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your information to contact you about our services that may be of interest to you..
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about users of the Website or the Services is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
We have implemented measures that we believe are reasonable to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website or the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to this Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' Personal Information, we will notify you by e-mail to the primary e-mail address specified in your account or through a notice on the Website home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting the Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at email@example.com.